Mazy Search is yet another malicious detection which is found to be risky. Well, it is not a virus. It is actually a browser hijacker which control your web browsers in order to perform its malicious activities. It usually sneaks into the targeted PC with freeware and spam attachments. Once activated, this viscous malware will hijack all know web browsers installed in your PC including Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer etc. The sole motive of this notorious infection is to make money for its creators by performing malicious activities into the compromised. It takes full advantage of your online sessions. This particular browser hijacker can ruin your entire Internet surfing experience in just no time. Hence, users must remove Mazy Search at the earliest.
Mazy Search virus poses several ill-effects on compromised computing machine. It keeps redirecting users to several questionable sites and does not let you visit your desired web address on your PC. It will slow down your Internet speed, keeps prompting various unwanted ads and will also affect the regular functioning of your system. Mazy Search will download various other harmful threats in your Windows PC and will make your system vulnerable for further destruction. What’s more, it will monitor your browsing activities and collect all your sensitive information including bank account number, login credentials, credit and debit card password, browsing history, IP address etc. Which can be misused by hackers. Therefore, it is recommended the users to remove Mazy Search virus at the earliest from infected PC.
Mazy Search is certainly the most devastating computer threat which needs to be removed immediately from your PC. To remove Mazy Search and other harmful malware from your PC, you need to go through various removal steps. Beware! it is a nasty malware which may have spread its hidden copies at different locations on your system with different names. Hence, you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Mazy Search. Go through this removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files.
Manual Guide To Remove Mazy Search Virus
Please Read Carefully: Mazy Search is one most deadliest computer infection. Once infected, Mazy Search made several modification is system and browser settings, replicates itself, generate hidden malicious files. It is very difficult for users to detect to or remove Mazy Search virus from infected system. Manual removal will demand users to remove noxious applications in registry, which is vital to overall system and users can’t make any mistake. Manual removal steps is only for computer experts. You must have good computer knowledge and better experience to manually detect Mazy Search.
Step 1 : Boot PC in Safe Mode
- Press “Windows Key and R” buttons on your keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” into Run box and click OK button.
- “System configuration box” will appear on your PC.
- Go to “boot” tab and select “safe boot” option and press “Step”.
Step 2 : Find & Delete Mazy Search Virus Related Hidden Folders
Show Hidden Files On Windows Computer
- Double Click on My Computer or This PC icon on your computer screen.
- Press the View tab, choose Show hidden files and folders and then clean the checkbox for Hide protected system operating files.
- Press Yes on the warning and then press OK, you will find if any hidden files has been created in that specific drive by Mazy Search.
Delete Hidden Folder
- Go to your computer and open Windows Explorer.
- Find all the malicious files related to Mazy Search Virus.
- Select the folder and click Shift+Delete+Enter.
Step 3 : Remove Mazy Search Virus From Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together.
- Run box will get opened on your computer,Type taskmgr and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select the malicious process related with Mazy Search and click End Process.
Step 4 : Remove Mazy Search Virus From Control Panel
- Right Click on the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Under “Program” select “program a Uninstall”.
- Search the Mazy Search Virus Related programs and uninstall them.
- Go to Start menu and select “Control Panel’’ Option.
- Now click on Uninstall a program under Programs category.
- Finally select and remove unwanted program including Mazy Search Virus from your system.
- Go to Start menu and select “Control Panel” option.
- Then click “Add or Remove Programs” options.
- Select the Mazy Search Virus and click on remove button
- Go to Start Menu and click on Settings button.
- Now select System option.
- Click Programs and Feature option in Control Panel window.
- From the list of all programs select Mazy Search Virus and hit Uninstall tab.
Note : Mazy Search usually modifies can also modifies your browser settings that’s why you should must be reset your browser settings.
Step 5: Remove Mazy Search Virus From Registry Entries
- Press “Windows logo + R” buttons together on your keyboard.
- The Run box will appear type regedit in the box and click on OK button..
- Now find out Mazy Search Virus related malicious registry entries.
Delete all the harmful registry keys created by Mazy Search.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREsupWPM HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesWpm HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL” HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\Classes\[Mazy Search Virus] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\[Mazy Search Virus]
Note :- Be very careful while deleting registry files as deleting an important registry can completely mess up your computing machine. It can simply make your system unusable. Hence, before taking any further step make sure what you are doing is right..
Remove Mazy Search Virus Related Extensions
- Go to Start menu and select “Chrome”
- Open your Google Chrome browser then click menu button right corner on Chrome browser then select More Tools then select Extensions (visit directly from address bar “chrome://extensions”).
- Firstly disable the strange extensions related with Mazy Search Virus and delete from your Google Chrome browser.
Reset your Google Chrome Browser
- Press Menu button from right corner on the Google Chrome browser then visit directly from address bar “chrome://settings”.
- Press on the “Settings” option and scroll down your mouse to search “ Show advance settings…” option.
- Click on “ Reset settings” for removing unwanted settings from your Google Chrome Browser.
Oftentimes a noxious malware modifies the core system files that you can’t undo manually.
Remove Mazy Search Virus Related Extension
- Press menu button and choose add-ons.
- Then after press on the Extension tab, from add-ons Manager tab.
- Search all noxious extensions including Mazy Search Virus
- Press Disable or Remove button next to desired extension.
- Then at last Finally restart your browser.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open your Mozilla Firefox.
- Press on “Menu” buttons
- Choose “ Troubleshooting information”.
- Click “ Refresh Firefox” on the top of right corner of the window.
- Then after a small window will open press again “ Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Mazy Search Virus Related Extension from Internet Explorer
- Firstly open your IE, Press on the Tools option and select Manage add-ons.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option left side of your window.
- Then choose Mazy Search Virus extension.
- Then after Remove option shows on your computer screen and if the add-on can be deleted. Press Remove then click on close button.
- If you don’t find remove button then click on the Disable button.
Reset your Internet Explorer
- Open your IE and press on setting menu on the top of the right corner of your IE browser, then press on the Internet option.
- Select “ Advanced” tab and click on “Reset” button.
- Choose “ Delete Personal Settings” and again click on the “Reset” Button.
Remove Mazy Search Virus From Microsoft Edge
- Press on More (…) icon and go to Extensions.
- Find all unwanted extension including Mazy Search Virus.
- Finally click on Uninstall button to remove Mazy Search Virus..
Reset Search Engine
- Choose More (…) and then press on Settings buttons.
- Press the View advanced settings option.
- Press the < Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”.
- Enter the search engine you want and press Add as default.
Reset your Microsoft Edge Browser
- Select More (…) icon on the address bar.
- Then after select Settings option.
- Press “Choose what to clear”
- carefully check the first three option and click Clear.
If you have followed the above guide carefully then you have successfully removed this nasty virus from your computer. This section is specially written to help you in avoiding these kind of threats in future. As prevention is always better than cure, so you can also avoid threats like Mazy Search Virus from your system by following these simple tips :-
- Use a powerful anti-virus application for the safety of your PC.
- Do not download freeware application from unsafe sites.
- Always scan any email attachment before opening.
- Keep checking your system for updates regularly.
- Always prefer official websites to update your system programs.
- Make sure that your Firewall protection is active.
- Do not click on fake pop-ups and misleading advertisements.
- Try to avoid visiting suspicious or pornographic websites.
- Use Advanced or custom installation method.