ImSearch Search is a vicious PC threat categorized as browser hijacker virus. It is a nasty computer infection that can alter your system without permission and hijack your main browser. This dubious threat will attack your system through bundled free programs, spam emails, cracked software, malicious websites, p2p file sharing and other tricks. Once installed on your machine, it will get attached to your main browser. It can work with all famous browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, Internet Explorer, Opera and others. It will change your homepage and search engine without your consent. When you will open your browser to surf Internet, ImSearch Search will appear as default start page. It will show lots of sponsored search results and unwanted ads on your computer screen.
ImSearch Search virus will bombard your computer with lots of ads, banners, offers etc. and keep redirecting your browser forcibly on unknown websites. This harmful PC threat has only motive to boost the traffic of its partner websites to earn referral commission and make profit for its creators. It can also block your anti-virus program to avoid its detection and removal. It may redirect your browser on malicious websites, where your system can get infected by nasty viruses. ImSearch Search virus will also track your browser cookies and history to collect your personal information. It can steal your sensitive details including your financial information and send to hackers. It can also create loophole on your system for other threats. So it is very important to remove ImSearch Search virus soon from your PC.
ImSearch Search is certainly the most devastating computer threat which needs to be removed immediately from your PC. To remove ImSearch Search and other harmful malware from your PC, you need to go through various removal steps. Beware! it is a nasty malware which may have spread its hidden copies at different locations on your system with different names. Hence, you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to ImSearch Search. Go through this removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files.
Manual Guide To Remove ImSearch Search Virus
Please Read Carefully: ImSearch Search is one most deadliest computer infection. Once infected, ImSearch Search made several modification is system and browser settings, replicates itself, generate hidden malicious files. It is very difficult for users to detect to or remove ImSearch Search virus from infected system. Manual removal will demand users to remove noxious applications in registry, which is vital to overall system and users can’t make any mistake. Manual removal steps is only for computer experts. You must have good computer knowledge and better experience to manually detect ImSearch Search.
Step 1 : Boot PC in Safe Mode
- Press “Windows Key and R” buttons on your keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” into Run box and click OK button.
- “System configuration box” will appear on your PC.
- Go to “boot” tab and select “safe boot” option and press “Step”.
Step 2 : Find & Delete ImSearch Search Virus Related Hidden Folders
Show Hidden Files On Windows Computer
- Double Click on My Computer or This PC icon on your computer screen.
- Press the View tab, choose Show hidden files and folders and then clean the checkbox for Hide protected system operating files.
- Press Yes on the warning and then press OK, you will find if any hidden files has been created in that specific drive by ImSearch Search.
Delete Hidden Folder
- Go to your computer and open Windows Explorer.
- Find all the malicious files related to ImSearch Search Virus.
- Select the folder and click Shift+Delete+Enter.
Step 3 : Remove ImSearch Search Virus From Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together.
- Run box will get opened on your computer,Type taskmgr and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select the malicious process related with ImSearch Search and click End Process.
Step 4 : Remove ImSearch Search Virus From Control Panel
- Right Click on the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Under “Program” select “program a Uninstall”.
- Search the ImSearch Search Virus Related programs and uninstall them.
- Go to Start menu and select “Control Panel’’ Option.
- Now click on Uninstall a program under Programs category.
- Finally select and remove unwanted program including ImSearch Search Virus from your system.
- Go to Start menu and select “Control Panel” option.
- Then click “Add or Remove Programs” options.
- Select the ImSearch Search Virus and click on remove button
- Go to Start Menu and click on Settings button.
- Now select System option.
- Click Programs and Feature option in Control Panel window.
- From the list of all programs select ImSearch Search Virus and hit Uninstall tab.
Note : ImSearch Search usually modifies can also modifies your browser settings that’s why you should must be reset your browser settings.
Step 5: Remove ImSearch Search Virus From Registry Entries
- Press “Windows logo + R” buttons together on your keyboard.
- The Run box will appear type regedit in the box and click on OK button..
- Now find out ImSearch Search Virus related malicious registry entries.
Delete all the harmful registry keys created by ImSearch Search.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREsupWPM HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesWpm HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL” HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\Classes\[ImSearch Search Virus] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\[ImSearch Search Virus]
Note :- Be very careful while deleting registry files as deleting an important registry can completely mess up your computing machine. It can simply make your system unusable. Hence, before taking any further step make sure what you are doing is right..
Remove ImSearch Search Virus Related Extensions
- Go to Start menu and select “Chrome”
- Open your Google Chrome browser then click menu button right corner on Chrome browser then select More Tools then select Extensions (visit directly from address bar “chrome://extensions”).
- Firstly disable the strange extensions related with ImSearch Search Virus and delete from your Google Chrome browser.
Reset your Google Chrome Browser
- Press Menu button from right corner on the Google Chrome browser then visit directly from address bar “chrome://settings”.
- Press on the “Settings” option and scroll down your mouse to search “ Show advance settings…” option.
- Click on “ Reset settings” for removing unwanted settings from your Google Chrome Browser.
Oftentimes a noxious malware modifies the core system files that you can’t undo manually.
Remove ImSearch Search Virus Related Extension
- Press menu button and choose add-ons.
- Then after press on the Extension tab, from add-ons Manager tab.
- Search all noxious extensions including ImSearch Search Virus
- Press Disable or Remove button next to desired extension.
- Then at last Finally restart your browser.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open your Mozilla Firefox.
- Press on “Menu” buttons
- Choose “ Troubleshooting information”.
- Click “ Refresh Firefox” on the top of right corner of the window.
- Then after a small window will open press again “ Refresh Firefox”.
Remove ImSearch Search Virus Related Extension from Internet Explorer
- Firstly open your IE, Press on the Tools option and select Manage add-ons.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option left side of your window.
- Then choose ImSearch Search Virus extension.
- Then after Remove option shows on your computer screen and if the add-on can be deleted. Press Remove then click on close button.
- If you don’t find remove button then click on the Disable button.
Reset your Internet Explorer
- Open your IE and press on setting menu on the top of the right corner of your IE browser, then press on the Internet option.
- Select “ Advanced” tab and click on “Reset” button.
- Choose “ Delete Personal Settings” and again click on the “Reset” Button.
Remove ImSearch Search Virus From Microsoft Edge
- Press on More (…) icon and go to Extensions.
- Find all unwanted extension including ImSearch Search Virus.
- Finally click on Uninstall button to remove ImSearch Search Virus..
Reset Search Engine
- Choose More (…) and then press on Settings buttons.
- Press the View advanced settings option.
- Press the < Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”.
- Enter the search engine you want and press Add as default.
Reset your Microsoft Edge Browser
- Select More (…) icon on the address bar.
- Then after select Settings option.
- Press “Choose what to clear”
- carefully check the first three option and click Clear.
If you have followed the above guide carefully then you have successfully removed this nasty virus from your computer. This section is specially written to help you in avoiding these kind of threats in future. As prevention is always better than cure, so you can also avoid threats like ImSearch Search Virus from your system by following these simple tips :-
- Use a powerful anti-virus application for the safety of your PC.
- Do not download freeware application from unsafe sites.
- Always scan any email attachment before opening.
- Keep checking your system for updates regularly.
- Always prefer official websites to update your system programs.
- Make sure that your Firewall protection is active.
- Do not click on fake pop-ups and misleading advertisements.
- Try to avoid visiting suspicious or pornographic websites.
- Use Advanced or custom installation method.