Free Driver Maps is a highly disastrous adware program that has been programmed to display non-stop ads and pop-ups within any popular Internet browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera and Safari. This harmful adware can come to your system bundled with shareware or freeware programs that you download from insecure resources over the Internet. It can also get into you PC through infected links, malicious websites, P2P file sharing, Spam mails etc. Once installed on your PC, Free Driver Maps pretends to be a legitimate extension to attach itself on targeted browser, so it could easily bypass your anti-virus scan.
Furthermore, Free Driver Maps displays lots of irritating commercials, pop-ups, advertisements and redirect you forcibly to unknown infected websites. To full-fill its main purpose of displaying pop-up ads in your browser, it also modifies your default web browser settings like search engine and homepage settings. In results, you will get an infected PC that runs very slow and show weird behavior due to lots of harmful infection that came to your PC through the back-door created by this nasty threat. You should be very careful about your PC and if you find Free Driver Maps in your computer then remove it quickly.
Free Driver Maps is certainly the most devastating computer threat which needs to be removed immediately from your PC. To remove Free Driver Maps and other harmful malware from your PC, you need to go through various removal steps. Beware! it is a nasty malware which may have spread its hidden copies at different locations on your system with different names. Hence, you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Free Driver Maps. Go through this removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files.
Manual Guide To Remove Free Driver Maps Virus
Please Read Carefully: Free Driver Maps is one most deadliest computer infection. Once infected, Free Driver Maps made several modification is system and browser settings, replicates itself, generate hidden malicious files. It is very difficult for users to detect to or remove Free Driver Maps virus from infected system. Manual removal will demand users to remove noxious applications in registry, which is vital to overall system and users can’t make any mistake. Manual removal steps is only for computer experts. You must have good computer knowledge and better experience to manually detect Free Driver Maps.
Step 1 : Boot PC in Safe Mode
- Press “Windows Key and R” buttons on your keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” into Run box and click OK button.
- “System configuration box” will appear on your PC.
- Go to “boot” tab and select “safe boot” option and press “Step”.
Step 2 : Find & Delete Free Driver Maps Virus Related Hidden Folders
Show Hidden Files On Windows Computer
- Double Click on My Computer or This PC icon on your computer screen.
- Press the View tab, choose Show hidden files and folders and then clean the checkbox for Hide protected system operating files.
- Press Yes on the warning and then press OK, you will find if any hidden files has been created in that specific drive by Free Driver Maps.
Delete Hidden Folder
- Go to your computer and open Windows Explorer.
- Find all the malicious files related to Free Driver Maps Virus.
- Select the folder and click Shift+Delete+Enter.
Step 3 : Remove Free Driver Maps Virus From Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together.
- Run box will get opened on your computer,Type taskmgr and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select the malicious process related with Free Driver Maps and click End Process.
Step 4 : Remove Free Driver Maps Virus From Control Panel
- Right Click on the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Under “Program” select “program a Uninstall”.
- Search the Free Driver Maps Virus Related programs and uninstall them.
- Go to Start menu and select “Control Panel’’ Option.
- Now click on Uninstall a program under Programs category.
- Finally select and remove unwanted program including Free Driver Maps Virus from your system.
- Go to Start menu and select “Control Panel” option.
- Then click “Add or Remove Programs” options.
- Select the Free Driver Maps Virus and click on remove button
- Go to Start Menu and click on Settings button.
- Now select System option.
- Click Programs and Feature option in Control Panel window.
- From the list of all programs select Free Driver Maps Virus and hit Uninstall tab.
Note : Free Driver Maps usually modifies can also modifies your browser settings that’s why you should must be reset your browser settings.
Step 5: Remove Free Driver Maps Virus From Registry Entries
- Press “Windows logo + R” buttons together on your keyboard.
- The Run box will appear type regedit in the box and click on OK button..
- Now find out Free Driver Maps Virus related malicious registry entries.
Delete all the harmful registry keys created by Free Driver Maps.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREsupWPM HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesWpm HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL” HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\Classes\[Free Driver Maps Virus] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\[Free Driver Maps Virus]
Note :- Be very careful while deleting registry files as deleting an important registry can completely mess up your computing machine. It can simply make your system unusable. Hence, before taking any further step make sure what you are doing is right..
Remove Free Driver Maps Virus Related Extensions
- Go to Start menu and select “Chrome”
- Open your Google Chrome browser then click menu button right corner on Chrome browser then select More Tools then select Extensions (visit directly from address bar “chrome://extensions”).
- Firstly disable the strange extensions related with Free Driver Maps Virus and delete from your Google Chrome browser.
Reset your Google Chrome Browser
- Press Menu button from right corner on the Google Chrome browser then visit directly from address bar “chrome://settings”.
- Press on the “Settings” option and scroll down your mouse to search “ Show advance settings…” option.
- Click on “ Reset settings” for removing unwanted settings from your Google Chrome Browser.
Oftentimes a noxious malware modifies the core system files that you can’t undo manually.
Remove Free Driver Maps Virus Related Extension
- Press menu button and choose add-ons.
- Then after press on the Extension tab, from add-ons Manager tab.
- Search all noxious extensions including Free Driver Maps Virus
- Press Disable or Remove button next to desired extension.
- Then at last Finally restart your browser.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open your Mozilla Firefox.
- Press on “Menu” buttons
- Choose “ Troubleshooting information”.
- Click “ Refresh Firefox” on the top of right corner of the window.
- Then after a small window will open press again “ Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Free Driver Maps Virus Related Extension from Internet Explorer
- Firstly open your IE, Press on the Tools option and select Manage add-ons.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option left side of your window.
- Then choose Free Driver Maps Virus extension.
- Then after Remove option shows on your computer screen and if the add-on can be deleted. Press Remove then click on close button.
- If you don’t find remove button then click on the Disable button.
Reset your Internet Explorer
- Open your IE and press on setting menu on the top of the right corner of your IE browser, then press on the Internet option.
- Select “ Advanced” tab and click on “Reset” button.
- Choose “ Delete Personal Settings” and again click on the “Reset” Button.
Remove Free Driver Maps Virus From Microsoft Edge
- Press on More (…) icon and go to Extensions.
- Find all unwanted extension including Free Driver Maps Virus.
- Finally click on Uninstall button to remove Free Driver Maps Virus..
Reset Search Engine
- Choose More (…) and then press on Settings buttons.
- Press the View advanced settings option.
- Press the < Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”.
- Enter the search engine you want and press Add as default.
Reset your Microsoft Edge Browser
- Select More (…) icon on the address bar.
- Then after select Settings option.
- Press “Choose what to clear”
- carefully check the first three option and click Clear.
If you have followed the above guide carefully then you have successfully removed this nasty virus from your computer. This section is specially written to help you in avoiding these kind of threats in future. As prevention is always better than cure, so you can also avoid threats like Free Driver Maps Virus from your system by following these simple tips :-
- Use a powerful anti-virus application for the safety of your PC.
- Do not download freeware application from unsafe sites.
- Always scan any email attachment before opening.
- Keep checking your system for updates regularly.
- Always prefer official websites to update your system programs.
- Make sure that your Firewall protection is active.
- Do not click on fake pop-ups and misleading advertisements.
- Try to avoid visiting suspicious or pornographic websites.
- Use Advanced or custom installation method.