1-888-334-0886 Pop-up is another perilous computer infection detected as Scam pop-up. This notorious threat is an online scam aimed to trick innocent PC users and cheat their money. It pretends to be a genuine tech support service and mainly triggered on your browser when you go online. It will redirect your browser on its page and ask that your system is infected by harmful viruses. It will freeze your browser and keep throwing those alerts pop-ups regularly on your computer screen. 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up virus will also play audio warning message and show error page on your browser that suggest you to call on its tech support number. This nasty threat is created by hackers to scare users by showing fake virus alerts. 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up is mainly aimed to cheat your money, that’s why it force you to call on its tech support number where its agents are waiting to sell costly services. As the matter of fact, your PC is not infected by any other virus but this dubious scam pop-up.
1-888-334-0886 Pop-up is able to infect any Windows computer easily. It can easily get installed on your bundled with free third party programs, spam emails, suspicious websites, shareware, torrent files and other tricks. Once inside, it can easily victimize your main web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, IE, Opera and others. 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up virus will also disable your anti-virus program due to which you will not be able to find this virus on your machine when you scan your computer. When you call on that number, hackers will gain the remote access of your computer and they can inject malicious threats on your PC. They can also steal your personal and sensitive details including your online banking information, credit card number, previous money transactions and so on. It is highly risky to share these kind of confidential details and it can cause major loss. You are advised to immediately remove 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up virus from your system.
1-888-334-0886 Pop-up is certainly the most devastating computer threat which needs to be removed immediately from your PC. To remove 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up and other harmful malware from your PC, you need to go through various removal steps. Beware! it is a nasty malware which may have spread its hidden copies at different locations on your system with different names. Hence, you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up. Go through this removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files.
Manual Guide To Remove 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus
Please Read Carefully: 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up is one most deadliest computer infection. Once infected, 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up made several modification is system and browser settings, replicates itself, generate hidden malicious files. It is very difficult for users to detect to or remove 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up virus from infected system. Manual removal will demand users to remove noxious applications in registry, which is vital to overall system and users can’t make any mistake. Manual removal steps is only for computer experts. You must have good computer knowledge and better experience to manually detect 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up.
Step 1 : Boot PC in Safe Mode
- Press “Windows Key and R” buttons on your keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” into Run box and click OK button.
- “System configuration box” will appear on your PC.
- Go to “boot” tab and select “safe boot” option and press “Step”.
Step 2 : Find & Delete 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus Related Hidden Folders
Show Hidden Files On Windows Computer
- Double Click on My Computer or This PC icon on your computer screen.
- Press the View tab, choose Show hidden files and folders and then clean the checkbox for Hide protected system operating files.
- Press Yes on the warning and then press OK, you will find if any hidden files has been created in that specific drive by 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up.
Delete Hidden Folder
- Go to your computer and open Windows Explorer.
- Find all the malicious files related to 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus.
- Select the folder and click Shift+Delete+Enter.
Step 3 : Remove 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus From Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together.
- Run box will get opened on your computer,Type taskmgr and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select the malicious process related with 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up and click End Process.
Step 4 : Remove 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus From Control Panel
- Right Click on the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Under “Program” select “program a Uninstall”.
- Search the 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus Related programs and uninstall them.
- Go to Start menu and select “Control Panel’’ Option.
- Now click on Uninstall a program under Programs category.
- Finally select and remove unwanted program including 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus from your system.
- Go to Start menu and select “Control Panel” option.
- Then click “Add or Remove Programs” options.
- Select the 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus and click on remove button
- Go to Start Menu and click on Settings button.
- Now select System option.
- Click Programs and Feature option in Control Panel window.
- From the list of all programs select 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus and hit Uninstall tab.
Note : 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up usually modifies can also modifies your browser settings that’s why you should must be reset your browser settings.
Step 5: Remove 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus From Registry Entries
- Press “Windows logo + R” buttons together on your keyboard.
- The Run box will appear type regedit in the box and click on OK button..
- Now find out 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus related malicious registry entries.
Delete all the harmful registry keys created by 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREsupWPM HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesWpm HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL” HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\Classes\[1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\[1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus]
Note :- Be very careful while deleting registry files as deleting an important registry can completely mess up your computing machine. It can simply make your system unusable. Hence, before taking any further step make sure what you are doing is right..
Remove 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus Related Extensions
- Go to Start menu and select “Chrome”
- Open your Google Chrome browser then click menu button right corner on Chrome browser then select More Tools then select Extensions (visit directly from address bar “chrome://extensions”).
- Firstly disable the strange extensions related with 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus and delete from your Google Chrome browser.
Reset your Google Chrome Browser
- Press Menu button from right corner on the Google Chrome browser then visit directly from address bar “chrome://settings”.
- Press on the “Settings” option and scroll down your mouse to search “ Show advance settings…” option.
- Click on “ Reset settings” for removing unwanted settings from your Google Chrome Browser.
Oftentimes a noxious malware modifies the core system files that you can’t undo manually.
Remove 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus Related Extension
- Press menu button and choose add-ons.
- Then after press on the Extension tab, from add-ons Manager tab.
- Search all noxious extensions including 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus
- Press Disable or Remove button next to desired extension.
- Then at last Finally restart your browser.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open your Mozilla Firefox.
- Press on “Menu” buttons
- Choose “ Troubleshooting information”.
- Click “ Refresh Firefox” on the top of right corner of the window.
- Then after a small window will open press again “ Refresh Firefox”.
Remove 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus Related Extension from Internet Explorer
- Firstly open your IE, Press on the Tools option and select Manage add-ons.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option left side of your window.
- Then choose 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus extension.
- Then after Remove option shows on your computer screen and if the add-on can be deleted. Press Remove then click on close button.
- If you don’t find remove button then click on the Disable button.
Reset your Internet Explorer
- Open your IE and press on setting menu on the top of the right corner of your IE browser, then press on the Internet option.
- Select “ Advanced” tab and click on “Reset” button.
- Choose “ Delete Personal Settings” and again click on the “Reset” Button.
Remove 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus From Microsoft Edge
- Press on More (…) icon and go to Extensions.
- Find all unwanted extension including 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus.
- Finally click on Uninstall button to remove 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus..
Reset Search Engine
- Choose More (…) and then press on Settings buttons.
- Press the View advanced settings option.
- Press the < Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”.
- Enter the search engine you want and press Add as default.
Reset your Microsoft Edge Browser
- Select More (…) icon on the address bar.
- Then after select Settings option.
- Press “Choose what to clear”
- carefully check the first three option and click Clear.
If you have followed the above guide carefully then you have successfully removed this nasty virus from your computer. This section is specially written to help you in avoiding these kind of threats in future. As prevention is always better than cure, so you can also avoid threats like 1-888-334-0886 Pop-up Virus from your system by following these simple tips :-
- Use a powerful anti-virus application for the safety of your PC.
- Do not download freeware application from unsafe sites.
- Always scan any email attachment before opening.
- Keep checking your system for updates regularly.
- Always prefer official websites to update your system programs.
- Make sure that your Firewall protection is active.
- Do not click on fake pop-ups and misleading advertisements.
- Try to avoid visiting suspicious or pornographic websites.
- Use Advanced or custom installation method.