Octopus Ransomware is a newly detected data locker virus. It is harmful member of file encrypting virus community. It has been created in a very sophisticated way to easily alter any Windows operating system. This dubious threat is a major threat for all Windows PC users. It can easily get inside your machine without your knowledge and lock down all your files. It mostly get distributed through suspicious websites, spam emails, porn or torrent links, network file sharing and other tricks. Once installed, Octopus Ransomware virus will scan your entire hard disk for files and encrypt them using powerful encryption algorithm. This perilous threat will leave a ransom note on your computer screen to describe you about the decryption process. It will also change your desktop wallpaper with a ransom notice image.
Octopus Ransomware is mainly aimed to cheat innocent users and extort money from them. When you will try to open any of your encrypted file, it will error message and ask you to pay ransom feed to get decryption tool. It is just a scam and this virus will not provide you any kind of decryption key when you pay the money. It will also threat users to pay money within give time otherwise it will delete all the infected files completely. Octopus Ransomware is not a legal penalty and it does not have any pressure to decrypt your files. So it will take the money and go for the next hunt. If you are planning to pay then you can lost everything. You are advised to permanently remove Octopus Ransomware virus from your computer and rescue your files using any data recovery software.
How To Remove Octopus Ransomware
Octopus Ransomware is certainly the most devastating computer threat which needs to be removed immediately from your PC. To remove Octopus Ransomware and other harmful malware from your PC, you need to go through various removal steps. Beware! it is a nasty malware which may have spread its hidden copies at different locations on your system with different names. Hence, you must clean your system properly and remove all the core files related to Octopus Ransomware. Go through this removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your computer. Manual Removal process need some technical expertise otherwise you may end up corrupting your system files.
|Restore All Encrypted Data|
We all know ransomware viruses encrypts victims important data data and force the users to pay money. Hence, after removing Octopus Ransomware Virus, it becomes simply impossible for the victims to access their encrypted data again. Well, not anymore, There is a way to restore your files even without paying any ransom money. Usually, security researchers provide decryption key to some nasty ransomware viruses. However, it take time. Experts study the ransomware, find it loopholes and then find decryption key which might work. Needless to say you can’t for that long as doing so you may not left anything to recover. Meanwhile, there is a quick, easy and reliable way to restore all your important files that has been locked, encrypted or deleted by Octopus Ransomware Virus.
Data Recovery Pro is one most effective, reliable and easy to use data recovery tool that can easily restore all kinds of lost, deleted, corrupted, encrypted, formatted data from Windows PC. It support a wide range of file format and is fully capable to recover all pictures, videos, files, documents, texts, presentation etc. in just few clicks. The best thing about this utility is that you won’t require any kind of technical skill in order to operate this tool. Using, Data Recovery Pro users can easily restore all important files that has been encrypted by Octopus Ransomware or any other harmful ransomware virus. Therefore, click on the below download button to download Data Recovery Pro in your system and recover all important data that has been encrypted by Octopus Ransomware Virus.
Steps To Use Data Recovery Pro
Step 1 :- Download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
Step 3 :- Now select all your important files and click on Recover button to get back your data.
Please Read Carefully: Octopus Ransomware is one most deadliest computer infection. Once infected, Octopus Ransomware made several modification is system and browser settings, replicates itself, generate hidden malicious files. It is very difficult for users to detect to or remove Octopus Ransomware virus from infected system. Manual removal will demand users to remove noxious applications in registry, which is vital to overall system and users can’t make any mistake. Manual removal steps is only for computer experts. You must have good computer knowledge and better experience to manually detect Octopus Ransomware.
Step 1 : Boot PC in Safe Mode
- Press “Windows Key and R” buttons on your keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” into Run box and click OK button.
- “System configuration box” will appear on your PC.
- Go to “boot” tab and select “safe boot” option and press “Step”.
Step 2 : Find & Delete Octopus Ransomware Virus Related Hidden Folders
Show Hidden Files On Windows Computer
- Double Click on My Computer or This PC icon on your computer screen.
- Press the View tab, choose Show hidden files and folders and then clean the checkbox for Hide protected system operating files.
- Press Yes on the warning and then press OK, you will find if any hidden files has been created in that specific drive by Octopus Ransomware.
Delete Hidden Folder
- Go to your computer and open Windows Explorer.
- Find all the malicious files related to Octopus Ransomware Virus.
- Select the folder and click Shift+Delete+Enter.
Step 3 : Remove Octopus Ransomware Virus From Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together.
- Run box will get opened on your computer,Type taskmgr and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select the malicious process related with Octopus Ransomware and click End Process.
Step 4 : Remove Octopus Ransomware Virus From Control Panel
- Right Click on the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Under “Program” select “program a Uninstall”.
- Search the Octopus Ransomware Virus Related programs and uninstall them.
- Go to Start menu and select “Control Panel’’ Option.
- Now click on Uninstall a program under Programs category.
- Finally select and remove unwanted program including Octopus Ransomware Virus from your system.
- Go to Start menu and select “Control Panel” option.
- Then click “Add or Remove Programs” options.
- Select the Octopus Ransomware Virus and click on remove button
- Go to Start Menu and click on Settings button.
- Now select System option.
- Click Programs and Feature option in Control Panel window.
- From the list of all programs select Octopus Ransomware Virus and hit Uninstall tab.
Note : Octopus Ransomware usually modifies can also modifies your browser settings that’s why you should must be reset your browser settings.
Step 5: Remove Octopus Ransomware Virus From Registry Entries
- Press “Windows logo + R” buttons together on your keyboard.
- The Run box will appear type regedit in the box and click on OK button..
- Now find out Octopus Ransomware Virus related malicious registry entries.
Delete all the harmful registry keys created by Octopus Ransomware.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREsupWPM HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesWpm HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL” HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\Classes\[Octopus Ransomware Virus] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\[Octopus Ransomware Virus]
Note :- Be very careful while deleting registry files as deleting an important registry can completely mess up your computing machine. It can simply make your system unusable. Hence, before taking any further step make sure what you are doing is right..
Remove Octopus Ransomware Virus Related Extensions
- Go to Start menu and select “Chrome”
- Open your Google Chrome browser then click menu button right corner on Chrome browser then select More Tools then select Extensions (visit directly from address bar “chrome://extensions”).
- Firstly disable the strange extensions related with Octopus Ransomware Virus and delete from your Google Chrome browser.
Reset your Google Chrome Browser
- Press Menu button from right corner on the Google Chrome browser then visit directly from address bar “chrome://settings”.
- Press on the “Settings” option and scroll down your mouse to search “ Show advance settings…” option.
- Click on “ Reset settings” for removing unwanted settings from your Google Chrome Browser.
Oftentimes a noxious malware modifies the core system files that you can’t undo manually.
Remove Octopus Ransomware Virus Related Extension
- Press menu button and choose add-ons.
- Then after press on the Extension tab, from add-ons Manager tab.
- Search all noxious extensions including Octopus Ransomware Virus
- Press Disable or Remove button next to desired extension.
- Then at last Finally restart your browser.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open your Mozilla Firefox.
- Press on “Menu” buttons
- Choose “ Troubleshooting information”.
- Click “ Refresh Firefox” on the top of right corner of the window.
- Then after a small window will open press again “ Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Octopus Ransomware Virus Related Extension from Internet Explorer
- Firstly open your IE, Press on the Tools option and select Manage add-ons.
- Choose Toolbar and Extensions option left side of your window.
- Then choose Octopus Ransomware Virus extension.
- Then after Remove option shows on your computer screen and if the add-on can be deleted. Press Remove then click on close button.
- If you don’t find remove button then click on the Disable button.
Reset your Internet Explorer
- Open your IE and press on setting menu on the top of the right corner of your IE browser, then press on the Internet option.
- Select “ Advanced” tab and click on “Reset” button.
- Choose “ Delete Personal Settings” and again click on the “Reset” Button.
Remove Octopus Ransomware Virus From Microsoft Edge
- Press on More (…) icon and go to Extensions.
- Find all unwanted extension including Octopus Ransomware Virus.
- Finally click on Uninstall button to remove Octopus Ransomware Virus..
Reset Search Engine
- Choose More (…) and then press on Settings buttons.
- Press the View advanced settings option.
- Press the < Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”.
- Enter the search engine you want and press Add as default.
Reset your Microsoft Edge Browser
- Select More (…) icon on the address bar.
- Then after select Settings option.
- Press “Choose what to clear”
- carefully check the first three option and click Clear.
If you have followed the above guide carefully then you have successfully removed this nasty virus from your computer. This section is specially written to help you in avoiding these kind of threats in future. As prevention is always better than cure, so you can also avoid threats like Octopus Ransomware Virus from your system by following these simple tips :-
- Use a powerful anti-virus application for the safety of your PC.
- Do not download freeware application from unsafe sites.
- Always scan any email attachment before opening.
- Keep checking your system for updates regularly.
- Always prefer official websites to update your system programs.
- Make sure that your Firewall protection is active.
- Do not click on fake pop-ups and misleading advertisements.
- Try to avoid visiting suspicious or pornographic websites.
- Use Advanced or custom installation method.